Creamy Taco CasseroleServes 6
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
- 1/2 (14 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 (4 oz.) can green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (1.25 oz) packet taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Doritos or plain tortilla chips, as needed
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Drain fat, reserving 1 tablespoon, and sautè onions until softened and tender.
- Return beef to skillet and season with taco seasoning, salt and pepper, then add green chilies and corn kernels to the skillet.
- Transfer mixture to a large baking dish (9x13 or 11x15) and stir in cheese, salsa and chicken soup.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream and chili powder until smooth, then spread mixture over the beef and vegetables.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, then remove and gently push chips into the cream cheese surface.
- Transfer to serving plates and serve immediately.