Cheeseburger CasseroleServes 6-8
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (8 oz.) can refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (sharp) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- black olives, pitted and chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a large skillet or Dutch Oven over medium-high heat, brown ground beef until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and drain off fat, leaving 1 tablespoon in the pan. Sauté onions until caramelized and golden in color. 10-12 minutes.
- Return beef to Dutch oven and add olives (if using), mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.
- Season everything with salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes, then transfer mixture to a 9x13-inch baking dish and stir in mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and roll it out into a large, thin rectangle, that’s large enough to cover your baking dish.
- Place it on top of beef mixture and use a sharp knife to cute 2-4 slits in it, to allow steam to escape.
- Combine your beaten egg with 1 tablespoon water and lightly brush mixture over the top of your dough.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Review - not going to make the cut. first off: i don't care for mustard.
This recipe had no tomato products and I think it was really missing that.