Thursday, August 12, 2010

The value of a smile

I am generally a happy person but yesterday I was treated to a special smile. It was one of those days I had to get up early, little caffeine and a 9:30 am visit to the doctor. After all that, and we all know that I am not a morning person, I was feeling a bit down.

I was waiting for the bus, leaning on a light pole and happened to look up at a car. In the passenger seat was an older lady and when she caught my eye she gave me the sweetest kindest smile and nodded her head. That kind smile lifted my spirits and made me aware of how much a smile can lift anyone’s spirits.

Well that led me to pay attention to others and their smiles. The smile from the old man I let go ahead of me at Walgreen’s, the cashier who checked me out, the guy at the bus stop that I talked to, my Pastor when I got to church and especially my Dad.

So share your special smile with everyone you see today. You could be the one good thing that happens to that person.

And in case you haven't had a special smile here is one from my brother Tommy



Blessings

2 comments:

  1. I am not a morning person either!

    I loved reading this today; the world would be a much better place I believe if more people would share smiles.

    ReplyDelete