Monday, September 12, 2011

The hand


Sunday July 17, 2011

I am watching Body of Proof (Dana Delaney’s new show). She is tracking the killer of a steelworker. She asks her daughter (visiting the office for a school assignment) to look at the picture of the man’s hand. What does it say about him?
Who loved you?
What are your dreams?
Who’s grieving for you?

Here is my hand
Who loved/loves me – my parents, my husband, my cat Simba, my son, his girlfriend, my sister and her family, my brothers and their families, various Aunts, Uncles and cousins, my church family and I hope several of my various friends.
This list of people also answer the “who’s grieving for me”. In some sort of way I hope that the world in general misses me. But please don’t grieve to long for me. I’m try to live my life to the fullest so that I have no regrets but really the pain and bad times are done. I am with our Savior and full of happiness.

What are my dreams – I don’t know. I have some dreams like to start working for the local ministry group and learn to run a food pantry. I have deep caring feelings that draw me towards helping people. Right now things just seem to taking the path that God is leading me on – I just follow.

This hand (and its mate) has held her very newborn son (and since I know my Baby Bears will read this; you were 4 hours old the very first time) and then all thru the years of raising him, held the hands of 2 men when she married them, held the hands of several family and friends during their times of need and times of great joy. These hands worked hard doing several different sometimes dirty, greasy, yucky jobs. These hands work hard in the grocery store, garden and kitchen (not to mention her places of employment) to provide meals for her family. Look at the nails, nice and long nails on short fat fingers.  (Perhaps I should paint them and make them pretty)

So take a minute look at your hand and tell us what do they say about you?

Thank you for reading and May you be blessed, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment