Thursday, October 18, 2012

Recipe review

From Culinary Arts Institute Encyclopedic Cookbook
Revised 1962 edition
Yep another one of my Mothers cookbook

Jambalaya
1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 cup cooked rice
1 1/2 cups cooked tomatoes (and yes I used some of my home canned ones)
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
buttered crumbs

Combine chicken, rice and tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
Add everything else.
Turn into a baking pan and cover with bread crumbs
Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour.
Serve

Well I did not use the bread crumbs the extra calories were not needed.  But this did turn out well except that I needed some Franks hot sauce.  Very good sorry no picture I forgot to take one.

Thanks for reading and may you be blessed, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment