Friday, October 5, 2012

Summer activities

One of our stores, Gordon's Food service, had a few specials that drew me in.  15 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts for $15.99, 2 1/2 dozen eggs for $2.99, and a 3 pound package of bacon was $7.99.  The eggs are in the refrigerator and the bacon is also in there waiting until I can preserve it next week.  the chicken was canned that same day.  We ended up with 6 pints of chunks, 4 cups are in the freezer waiting so I can can them next week and 2 were used for dinner that night.


What 15 pounds of chicken breasts look like all cut up

The bag

The things are huge!!!  We could easily eat one half for a meal.
Next week Greg & I are going to reorganize the canning pantry.  I'll then post the total of what was canned this summer and I'll show off the pantry that Greg & my Dad built for me.

Thanks for reading and may you be blessed.  Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment