Sunday, August 21, 2011

Recipe review - Easy Beef Stroganoff

Quick and easy beef stroganoff
Pillsbury Family Cook book (1963) page 273

1 pound ground beef
½ cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 Tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 tablespoon crushed rosemary
1 1/3 cup canned mushrooms pieces and stems, drained
10 1/2 oz condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
8oz chow mein noodles
2 Tablespoon minced parsley

Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in the butter until brown and tender. Add flour, seasonings and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes. Add soup; dimmer uncovered 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Heat, but do not boil. Serve over warm noodles. Garnish with parsley.

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Results and comments: Good meal but I used egg noodles instead of the chow mein noodles. Also forgot to add the flour but I’m glad I didn’t; it turned out quite stiff and I almost added a bit of the mushroom juice or water to thin it out but extra water was not needed. I also added a dollop of sour cream when I served it.


No comments:

Post a Comment