Thursday, April 15, 2010



Another great shopping day

Not only was the weather wonderful (84 and partly sunny with the nice high fluffy clouds not the ugly gray ones) but one of our neighbors gave us a ride.

We went to Menard’s for some things we needed – the stuff you can’t carry on a bus.

Walgreen’s Freebies were Schick shave cream ($2.99 with a $3 RR back) and my photo order from last week (20 prints free).

Cheapies: Stouffers Easy meals – 2 for $8 with a $1 rr back – manufacturer coupons for $2.50 off 1 = 2 for $2. And these are complete meals chicken and vegetables all for $1!!!

Dentyne gum 2 for $2 - $1 off 2 coupon = 2 for $1 and I had 2 coupons. So I replaced 4 of the 6 packs of gum that Greg’s son chewed/ate last week

I had to get a raincheck for the Kashi Heart 2 Heart cereal $2 for $5 - $1 RR – 2 $1.50 off 1 coupons = 2 for $1.00. How they wrote up the raincheck was 2 for $4 to account for the $1rr and my coupons (from Vocalpoint) are good until May 31, 2010. And wonderfully Walgreen’s rainchecks never expire.

I also used my last raincheck for the salmon $1.49 a can (the big I don’t know what size cans). I got the limit of 3 and these are priced at $2.99 each on the shelf.

Our neighbor was funny he did the 7up, A&W etc deal buy 3 get the $3 rr. He likes those deals since he turns right around to use the rr; today he got potting soil 2 for $3 and just paid 16 cents tax!!! He usually buys toilet paper.

Down the road to Rite Aid. I gathered all kinds of stuff for the new Wellness program. When we got to the register I was informed that the program would not start here until the 18th. Grrrr that was most of my coupons so I put almost everything back but the 2 chairs $7.99 each with one $2 rebate and a box of Post Honey something cereal ($1.88 - $2 manufacturer coupon). Since I have so much cereal I’ll be taking this box to church on Sunday to give to the food pantry. Some of the Wellness coupons expire on the 17th but I have a few that expire after that. So I figure that I can go back next week and clean up on those deals.

Then lunch at McDonalds for their tax break day. Buy a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder with cheese and get your next one for 1 cent. I also ordered some fries and a large drink (since I am low at home) and had Greg fill it without ice to get the most for my dollar.

1 comment:

  1. Good onya! We don't have anything like that in Aussie, I'm jealous. Linpin

    ReplyDelete