Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday December 13, 2009

I'm getting a little bit of Christmas spirit back so today while Greg played my Transiberian orchestra CD I decorated the tree. Our poor little 3 foot white fake tree.



Normally I just reach in the totes and pull out whatever deocrations I touch. Today I think I am feeling nostalgic these ornaments were picked out with care and have many fond memories for me.

With that being said this is a new one. I've always wanted the shiny glass ornaments finally got 2 - this is a bear for my son AKA Bear.

In 2001 we were living in Baltimore Maryland and all our decorations were in Toledo. So we were given a really poor looking Charlie Brown tree and we made our ornaments. These are ceramic and my Mom painted them.

I made 4 of these stockings in 1984.

One year at church I would sit for an hour while Bear was in Sunday School. So while I listened to the choir practice I would stitch up the cute flannel stars - in 4 weeks I did 50 of them.


Not sure when these were done but they were painted by my Maternal Grandma.


This is Simba, the grump, he is displaying his displeasure at me not letting him play with a box.


























I'm getting a little bit of Christmas spirit back so today while Greg played my Transiberian orchestra CD I decorated the tree. Our poor little 3 foot white fake tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment