Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Recipe review


Chop Suey Veggies and Chicken

3 cups cooked cubed chicken
2 (10 oz) cans of cream of chicken soup
2 (14 oz) can chop suey vegetables, Drained but save liquid
1 (8 oz) can of sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 (16 oz) bag of frozen seasoning blend onions and bell peppers
½ tsp each of hot sauce and curry powder
2 cups chow mein noodles

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl combine all ingredients but chow mein noodles. Spoon into greased 13 x 9 pan. Sprinkle chow mein noodles over top and bake uncovered for 30 minutes

Results: great meal with a few twists.

First I only used 1 can of cream of chicken soup. I only had 1 can and honestly it looked so gross I couldn’t do 2 cans. So instead I use 1 can of the liquid from chop suey vegetables. If you chose to follow the recipe either save the liquid in your vegetable broth can or drain down the sink drain.

Second I had some leftover green pepper and onion so I also added them. And the package that I found also had celery so that is what I used. I also sliced up a few baby carrots that I had.

I also did not have curry powder but this meal tasted great without it.

Then cause I stopped reading the directions I did not bake the mix, just cooked it on the stovetop.

I served over rice and use the noodles for crunchy topping.


This came from 1001 Fast Easy Recipes

Printed 2007 and 2008

Gift from Stepmom

No comments:

Post a Comment