Sunday, September 6, 2009

Planning for a shopping trip

One of my hobbies is coupon shopping. I started couponing in 1999 when I moved back home to Ohio and was unemployed. I have not stopped although there is only myself, my future DH Greg, the 2 cats and the bird. I used the goodies to help out others such as a monthly donation to the food pantry my church supports. Right now I am gathering a bunch of stuff (mouth items) to donate to a local organization that the church’s youth will be helping with.

This week I plan on making a trip to Giant Eagle (GE). I love GE they double $1.00 coupons (here most places just do 50 cents and lower) but they are bit of work to get to. I don’t’ drive so I take the local bus system for any shopping that I have to do. When I go to GE I need a ride home so I shop at the one by my dad’s and then he will take me home.

So far just looking at the ad I see:
Bic Multi purpose lighter BOGO which works out to $1.84 a piece - $1.00 manufacturer coupon that will double so free. GE does not usually give the overage on any double coupon so I don’t count on it.
Barilla Plus pasta 2/$4 - $1 off 2 manu coupon = 2/$2 not the best deal but I am out of pasta.
Hefty One zip bags 2/$3 - $1.00 manu coupons that will double so free bags. I’ve got 10 coupons but the most I will be able to use will be 4.
Ziploc containers 2/$5 – 55 cent coupons and $1.50/2 coupons
Fancy Feast Appetizers 10/$10 - $1.00/3 manu coupon. I’m not expecting this coupon to double since the food is $1 a piece.
Tidy Cat litter 20 lbs container 2/$13 - $1.00 manu coupon = $4.50 each (the real reason I need a ride home!!)
Kashi cereal 2/$6 – 1 coupon for a free box of Honey Sunshine plus $1.50/1 coupons PLUS when you spend $10 you get $2 off your next shopping order. What I plan on doing is buying 3 boxes of cereal ($9) and a Kashi bar ($1)
Grands biscuits 4/$5 – there is a $1 internet printed coupon = 25 cents each
Carefree liners 16 – 56 count $1.99 - $1.00 manu coupon = free
Kotex various products & sizes $4.99 - $1.00 coupons = $2.99
I imagine that there will be other Health & Beauty items but I need to check the prices and my coupons. A couple of things I can think to check are Sauve lotion ($1.00 manu coupon), pain killers (various $1.00 coupons), Sally Hansen nail tools ($1.00 coupons)
Some other coupons I at least have pulled are:
Velveeta mac & cheese cups BOGO
Hormel Compleats 75 cents off
Beech Nut stage 3 fruit free (will donate to the church pantry or even use it in my muffins and cakes)
Friskees party mix (cat treats) BOGO
Nestle coffee-mate stick packs BOGO
Kashi heart to Heart oatmeal $1 (may use for the above kashi deal)
Kashi Golean hot cereal $1.00 (ditto possible kashi deal)
:Lipton tea bags free bags up to $4.00

1 comment:

  1. I'm a coupon user too; sounds like you have some good deals there!

    ReplyDelete